VPNs are a very commonly used tool in today’s age of technology. A VPN (virtual private network) is most commonly known for its ability to help one mask their identity while browsing the internet and bypass geographical access restrictions.
Have you ever come across the phrase “This video is not available in your country” on youtube? Well, this is exactly what a VPN is for. It would allow you to bypass such issues and access all sorts of content. Of course, the way a VPN works is fairly confusing and its use might seem daunting to someone who isn’t comfortable with technology.
If you are having any type of problem with your Laptop you can check out HP repair center near thane or near your local area.
If you were to simply google VPN, you would find there are thousands of different companies and brands of VPNs available, which is why we are here to provide you with a consolidated list of the 6 best paid VPNs for mac, to help you choose the one that suits you best!
- ExpressVPN: Express is one of the most prominent VPN for mac in the market currently, with several users already.
- Server locations in 94 countries with unlimited switching across servers.
- Access to Netflix, BBC iplayer and more, so you can watch content not available to Indian accounts.
- Network lock feature which ensures data protection in case the device loses connection to the internet.
- 256-bit AES encryption
- 24×7 live chat support for any issues
- Unlimited bandwidth allows you to download your favourite movies and shows without having to wait!
- 30-day money back guarantee!
- Price is above the market average at about 13$ per month as opposed to the usual 9-10$.
- Requires browser extensions, which make it a little complicated to manage. However, it is a small price to pay for a trusted and safe VPN connection.
- Only allows you to connect upto 5 devices simultaneously.
- Does not have the Killswitch feature in its VPN for mac.
- IPvanish: A US-based VPN company that provides a multitude of services.
- 256-bit AES encryption.
- Unlimited torrent downloads and P2P downloads.
- Over 1400 VPN servers across 75+ locations.
- Trustworthy VPN at a reasonable cost of 4.55$/month.
- 250 GB of encrypted cloud storage included in the plan.
- Connect 10+ devices simultaneously
- Free 30 day trial
- Does not support Bitcoin transactions on VPN for mac.
- IPvanish does not enable iPlayer, which is otherwise unavailable outside of the UK.
- Surfshark: Known for its affordable pricing and high quality service, it is one of the premier VPN for mac in the market.
- Over 1700 servers and 100+ locations.
- Connect unlimited devices simultaneously.
- AES-256-GCM encryption.
- High quality protection and security at one of the lowest prices in the market of 2$/month for 24 months.
- Camouflage mode feature ensures that even your internet provider cannot tell that you are using a VPN.
- The Whitelister feature allows you to choose specific apps and sites which can bypass the VPN. (Useful for netbanking etc.)
- Given it’s low price, it does not provide some of the more complex features that other VPN providers do. However, this should not affect the common user who just wants to protect their identity online.
- Hotspot Shield: Having been rated World’s fastest VPN for the past two years, it is definitely a good choice.
- 3200+ servers in over a 130 locations
- Seamless P2P sharing and torrent downloads
- User-friendly interface on VPN for mac
- 100% free version also available to test the VPN before purchasing
- Fastest internet download and upload speeds from all VPN providers in the market
- Despite being one of largest VPN companies in terms of market share, Hotspot has undergone an investigation from CDT(centre for democracy and technology) which brings into question whether it is a secure and private network.
- Lacklustre customer service
- There is a lot of suspicion around Hotspot’s data privacy policies. Allegations about collection and sale of user data is a very serious concern considering the fact its job is to maintain anonymity.
- NordVPN: Exceptional speed, incredible P2P support and an authentic user friendly UI are just some of the features that have led to many claiming this is the best VPN for mac out there.
- Over 5300 servers across 59 countries (80+ locations) to provide anonymity and free access.
- Killswitch feature to provide continuous data protection.
- The CyberSec feature allows you to block websites that contain malware, as well as ads.
- Double protection with user internet traffic flowing through two VPN servers instead of one.
- 24×7 customer support that is readily available for any troubleshooting issues.
- Supports payment in cryptocurrency
- Flaunts a very strict no-log policy and audited privacy protection measures which make it a very reliable and trustworthy VPN for mac.
- Only six devices can be simultaneously connected
- CyberGhost: The Romanian VPN provider is clear about its mission to provide data protection and ensure a secure internet experience to its users.
- 6300+ servers across 110+ locations
- AES 256-Bit encryption
- Public Wi-fi protection
- Allows specific, chosen apps and sites to bypass VPN
- Killswitch feature provides continuous protection
- 45-day money back guarantee
- Free version available with limited functionality
- Does not have the split tunneling feature, which most of its competitors in the market do. (Split tunneling allows you to access secure VPN servers as well as local servers at the same time)
- Does not have obfuscated servers. (Allow you to bypass firewalls and restrictions on the internet)