Upper back pain can also be relieved by wearing the back support belt. We just don’t need the lower back belts but the upper back belts. If you are having upper back pain complaints and looking for products to relieve the pain, here is the answer.
What is Upper Back Pain?
Upper back pain is any type of pain or discomfort throughout the back side of the chest and upper abdominal area. The upper back area includes the shoulder blades and where the rib cage connects to the thoracic (chest region) spine. The upper back is also referred to as the middle back or the thoracic spine.
In fact, pain in the upper back is not as common as lower back pain because the thoracic spine does not move as much as the spine in the lower back and neck. Upper back pain comes in a variety of different forms, including pain in between your shoulder blades, shoulders, and neck.
Most people describe upper back pain as a burning or pulling sensation in one place, which may be the location of injury or strain.
Upper back pain may either be acute, lasting briefly or it may be chronic, lasting longer than three months. Your pain may be dull and throbbing or sharp and stabbing. You may be in constant pain, or perhaps the pain occurs only during a particular activity, such as lifting grocery bags or after working at your desk for a prolonged period of time.
In addition to the thoracic spine and shoulder blades, there are numerous nerves, muscles, tendons, and ligaments in the upper back. Any of these structures can become irritated or inflamed in response to a variety of different factors and conditions, such as poor posture, overuse, trauma, arthritis, and bone cancer. However, most upper back pain causes involve muscle irritation or joint problems and are usually not a cause for concern.
The causes of upper back pain
- Muscle deconditioning and poor posture
- Muscle overuse
- Traumatic injury
- Herniated disc
- Pinched nerve
- Myofascial pain
- Spinal infection
- Spinal deformity
- Problematic kyphosis
- Lung cancer
The symptoms of upper back pain
Common symptoms caused by upper back pain include the following:
- Sharp pain. This pain is typically described as excruciating and can feel knife-like, burning, or as if being gripped in a vice. It is usually located in one spot instead of spreading across a region.
- General discomfort. An achy or throbbing pain may be felt in part of the upper back, and it could potentially spread into a nearby area, such as the neck, shoulder, or lower in the back.
- Stiffness. If either sharp pain or general soreness becomes bad enough, it can contribute to reduced mobility of the upper back’s muscles, ligaments, and/or joints. While reduced mobility in the upper back is typically not significant because that area of the spine is built more for rigidity than motion, it could make certain arm movements, such as rotation or lifting, more difficult or even impossible.
- Radiating pain. This pain can travel along a nerve from the thoracic spine and potentially go into the arm, chest, stomach, or further down the body. Radiating pain can range from dull to sharp or electric shock-like, and it may come and go or be continuous. It is usually only felt on one side of the body, such as going into the chest on one side.
- Tingling, numbness, or weakness. Just like radiating pain, these symptoms can also radiate along a nerve from the thoracic spine and are into the arm, chest, stomach, or lower in the body. pins-and-needles tingling or numbness radiating from the thoracic spine can feel like the shape of a band running along one of the ribs.
If upper back pain becomes bad enough, it can affect normal activities, such as the ability to lift moderately heavy objects, throw a ball, or even comfortably sit or rest.
The treatment of upper back pain
Treatment may include home remedies, such as rest and gentle exercises, or using the upper back belts or braces.
OVER THE COUNTER MEDICATION
Use over-the-counter medicines such as Aleve, Aspirin, Advil, and Motrin to treat upper back pain. These medications can help reduce swelling and pain, but consult with a doctor before taking certain medications to make sure it is right for you.
EXERCISE AND STRETCH
Exercise can help strengthen the muscles in the shoulders, back, and stomach, as well as support the spine. Good exercise for muscle can improve the posture, decrease the chances of injury, and maintain better body balance. Consult with a therapist on which exercises you can do to avoid upper back spine pain.
GOOD POSTURE IS IMPORTANT
Poor posture causes stress on the back. It is advisable not to slouch or slump. Sit or stand tall with the stomach pulled in to support your back. Also, try to reduce stress at work, as any form of stress can cause back pain. Trying deep breathing and relaxation exercises can go a long way in reducing stress, and in turn, the body pain.
Wear Upper Back Support Belts
Pain relief and posture correction back support belts are a great help for upper back pain too. Select a suitable upper back belt yourself, buy it from the professional back belt store Lowerbackbelt.com. Wear the upper back brace or belt correctly within proper time, your back pain can be relieved a lot.
Highly Recommended Back Support Belts For Upper Back Pain
Decompression Back Belt
The amazing back belt fits 29 to 49-inch waists, this lumbar support belt comes with an extension belt that can be used according to individual needs. It can stretch and relieve tight lower back muscles and relieve lower back pain & stiffness. The lumbar traction reduces muscle fatigue and swelling, increases circulation, and helps to give you immediate & lasting relief from the herniated disc, sciatica, and other back discomforts.
- Provides clinical grade traction and decompression therapy. The belt is specially used for prophylaxis and adjuvant therapy to lumbar vertebrae disease.
- Help lift your upper body and unloading the weight off the lower back and allowing the muscles to relax. And through traction, reduce the burden around the ligament, bring good rest for the damaged lumbar fibrous ring.
- H-shaped air columns effectively support the waist while traction first pulls up and then supports to consolidate the traction effect.
- Suitable for all kinds of pain, arthritis, lumbar disc protrusion, sciatica, work strain, back sprain, get rid of the annoyance of lumbar pain.
- Made with soft cotton and PU/TPU, the belt inflates with air and it is very lightweight and portable to be taken.
Posture Back Belt
Your Life Can Be Good With This Best Back Belt! 2021 Top Selling Back Support Belt For Pain Relief and Posture Correct, Lumbar Support Belt, Adjustable Lower Back Brace. This new back support belt uses the latest unique technical designs, it’s different from other belts in the market. Designed according to the physiological spinal curvature. Two detachable magic waist support can provide more protection to our lower back.
Electric Back Belt
It’s an electric graphene airbag back support belt, supports pain relief, air column traction, graphene hot compress, electric inflatable, seamless fit, 26° lumbar health protection. The specially designed 26° healthy angel lower back belt fits your lumbar spine perfectly. Its structure close to the body curve, offers full waist support, fit and support the waist along the lumbar spine, care for the health of your waist, reduce lumbar compression, and very breathable and comfortable to wear.