Vape accessories are the pieces that make up your vaping experience. They include:
- Mouthpieces, which are what you put in your mouth when you vape. Some people like to have different mouthpieces so they can change things up and try new flavours or get more vapour production from their devices.
- Batteries power the device itself and have a limited lifespan before replacing it (typically around 500 charges). There are several types of batteries available, including 18650s and 20700s-the latter being larger than their counterparts but capable of holding more charge per charge cycle than smaller batteries like 18650s do.
- Tanks/Reservoirs hold e-liquid for use with mods and tanks.
- Coils are made from either kanthal wire or nickel-chromium alloy wire; these coils heat up when you press fire on your mod so that they produce vapour instead of smoke!
Let’s dive deep into the types of vape accessories available.
Types of Vape Accessories
Vape batteries are the most essential part of your vape kit. They provide power to your device, allowing it to heat up and create vapour. Many different types of batteries are available, depending on what kind of vaping experience you’re looking for.
Vape tanks are used with vape mods (more on those later). They hold e-liquid and allow vapers to fill them up with their favourite flavours before attaching them directly onto their mod’s atomiser(s). Tanks come in all shapes and sizes; some even have adjustable airflow control to adjust how much air gets sucked into the chamber when inhaling from their mouthpiece.
Some people prefer using rebuildable atomisers (RBAs), which allow users more freedom over how they customise their vaping experience by allowing them to build coils themselves instead of buying pre-made ones. RBAs require additional tools beyond just a tank, though: you’ll also need wire cutters/strippers and some cotton-wicking material if you want this option available!
- Vape Batteries
You can choose between two types of batteries: rechargeable and disposable. Rechargeable batteries are generally more expensive than disposable ones, but they can be reused many times before needing replacement. Disposable batteries are usually cheaper and easier to find in stores, but you’ll need to buy new ones each time you run out of power.
Although it’s tempting to use whatever battery comes with your vape pen or e-cigarette starter kit, it’s crucial that you choose the right one for your device, and there are many different options on the market!
- Vape Tanks
Vape tanks are the most common type of vape accessory. They come in different sizes and styles, with other features that make them suitable for different vapers.
Vape tanks can be divided into three main categories: sub-ohm tanks, standard tanks and RDAs (Rebuildable Dripping Atomisers) or RTAs (Rebuildable Tank Atomisers). Sub-ohm tanks are designed specifically for use with high-wattage devices like box mods; they’re made from stainless steel or Pyrex glass, making them more durable than other types of tanks, but they also mean they’re heavier! Standard tanks are made from plastic, so they’re lighter than sub-ohm versions but offer great performance at a lower price point. RDA/RTA setups allow you to build your coils rather than buying prebuilt ones like most other vaping devices do – this gives you complete control over how much vapour production there’ll be and flavour intensity levels depending on how much power goes into each hit!
- Vape Coils
There are a few different types of coils that you can use in your vape pen. The most common type is a single coil with one wire wrapped around it. Dual coils have two wires wrapped around each other and are usually used for more powerful devices like box mods or mechanical mods.
- Single Coils: These are the simplest type of coil, and they tend to be less expensive than other options because they don’t require as much material or labour to make them. They’re also easier to work with if you’re starting out vaping because they don’t need any special tools or equipment, just wrap your cotton wick around the coil and fill up your tank! However, these coils heat up faster than others, so keep an eye on how hot things get before inhaling directly from your mouthpiece (or risk burning yourself).
- Dual Coils: Dual coils offer more surface area than single ones, which means they produce more vapour per hit but also burn through e-liquid faster since there’s twice as much material being heated up at once! If this sounds like something worth trying out, then go ahead, but make sure not only to check out reviews beforehand but also to find out what kind of battery life comes as a standard before buying anything else (you’ll want something powerful enough so that all those extra watts aren’t wasted).
- Replacement Glass
The type of glass you choose for your vape is a personal choice. The most common types are Pyrex, quartz and borosilicate.
- Pyrex Glass: The most popular type of glass used in vapes is Pyrex because it’s durable, easy to clean and resistant to heat damage. It also has a lower coefficient of expansion than other types, which means it won’t crack or break easily if exposed to rapid temperature changes (like when you take your vape out in the cold).
- Quartz: Quartz is another popular option because it’s durable and can withstand high temperatures without cracking or breaking like some other materials might do over time due to repeated exposure. However, quartz isn’t as resistant against scratches as different types, so if this matters, then maybe stick with something else instead like borosilicate glass instead, which offers better scratch resistance but may not hold up quite as well under extreme conditions such as dropping onto concrete floors repeatedly over time due to its low thermal shock resistance properties (meaning that once heated up past its melting point there will be little difference between its original shape before heating took place at room temperature versus after being heated up past its melting point).
- Vape Mods
Vape mods are the most powerful vaping devices. They can produce huge clouds and be customized with different atomisers and tanks.
- Box Mods: These are large, rectangular devices that resemble a box. They have buttons on their sides or tops that allow you to adjust wattage, voltage and temperature settings (TC).
- Tube Mods: These look like tubes because they’re made out of metal tubes instead of plastic cases, as most other mods do. They also come in various sizes ranging from small pen-shaped devices to large box mods with multiple batteries inside them!
- Squonk Mods: Squonks are advanced vape pens; they have replaceable coils but don’t require refilling liquid manually as regular tanks do; instead, they use built-in reservoirs called “squonks”, so you don’t have to mess around with dripping e-liquid directly into your atomiser anymore!
While these accessories aren’t required for your vaping experience and won’t necessarily enhance the flavour or amount of vapour you get, they allow you to upgrade certain aspects of your vaping device, like changing coils and mouthpieces. Finding the perfect accessory for you is a matter of experimentation, with companies offering various options for different vapers at different price points. Our best advice for new vapers is this: feel free to experiment with other e-liquids, devices and accessories. Everyone has their preferences, which change over time as you try out more options. Have fun!