The advancement of medical science has broken all boundaries. Until a few years back, an abdominal problem had to be treated by cutting open the area and diagnosing and treating the problem. This kind of surgical procedure left the patient with large scars on the body.
Laparoscopic treatment is a type of surgical procedure that allows the doctor or surgeon to access the abdomen without making any large incisions in the area. This procedure is also called keyhole surgery. Hernia treatment can be done through laparoscopic surgery safely, and the patient need not have any ghastly scars on the skin. If you are looking for undergoing hernia treatment, you can Get Advanced Laparosopic Hernia Treatment in Chennai with the best doctors and advanced facilities.
What is a hernia?
Organs are kept in their proper place with the help of muscles and tissues, but when an organ pushes through any opening, it is called a hernia. If intestines push themselves through a weak spot in the abdomen, it should be corrected through surgery.
Usually, a hernia occurs in the abdomen, but sometimes it may also occur in the upper thigh and groin areas. A hernia doesn’t go away on its own; it has to be corrected through surgery. Though it is not life-threatening, it has to be corrected to avoid further complications.
Symptoms of hernia
Symptoms of hernia depend on the type of hernia you have got. Usually, the symptoms include:
- Swelling inside the skin of the abdomen or your groin area. It may be tender to touch and disappears when you lie down.
- Constipation and blood in the stool can also be considered as a symptom of a hernia.
- The feeling of discomfort in the abdomen or groin when you are lifting something or bending.
- If you are feeling a burning or aching sensation near the bulge
- Shooting pain
- Pain and swelling around your testicles etc.
If you have any of these symptoms, then it is good to consult a doctor, and he may diagnose you with a hernia and recommend immediate laparoscopic surgery. In India, you can get advanced laparoscopic hernia treatment in Chennai in the hands of experienced surgeons.
Benefits of laparoscopic surgery for hernia
Modern methods of surgical treatment have come as a boon to humankind. Laparoscopic surgery in hernia treatment is one such modern surgical method that can treat many kinds of hernia. This is a minimally invasive surgical technique and a process that cures several conditions of hernia.
More and more people are opting for laparoscopic surgery due to the following benefits:
- The risk of infection is very low because the incisions are very small
- A short stay at the hospital
- Recovery is very fast
- No scar in your body after surgery
- The pain post-surgery is far less when compared to open surgery
- You can save a lot of money as you don’t have to pay hefty hospital bills
- If the patient has a hernia on the opposite side, it can be treated with the same incision, whereas if it was open surgery, another large incision has to be made.
- You can get to your normal routine more quickly than open surgery.
The above are some of the reasons for people opting for laparoscopic surgery rather than open surgery.
The success rate of laparoscopic surgery in treating hernia
Though hernia is not life-threatening, it may cause some serious complications that can be dangerous and life-threatening if left untreated. Thanks to laparoscopic surgical treatment, the success rate of hernia treatment has been almost 100%. A few cases may have been unsuccessful, and that is because of other complications in the patient.
This high success rate of laparoscopic surgery has made it the most sort after surgery among people. So if you have decided on getting laparoscopic surgery, you can Get Advanced Laparoscopic Hernia Treatment in Chennai where the success rate is nearly 100%, and you can be sure that you are in safe hands.
What causes a hernia?
Several reasons can cause a hernia in our body:
- A hernia can be inborn. It can occur while the baby is still in the womb and is present from birth
- Age is also a factor for causing a hernia
- When there is a surgery or any injury near the abdomen or groin area, it can cause a hernia
- The type of exercise you follow can cause a hernia like heavy weight lifting can be a reason
- If you are overweight or obese
- If you are suffering from ascites or fluid in the abdomen, it can cause a hernia
These are some of the common causes of hernia; apart from these, there are certainly other factors that can make you a target of this condition:
Other factors that can cause a hernia
- Pregnancy because it builds pressure in your abdomen
- Chronic cough that constantly puts pressure in your tummy area
- Smoking can also be a cause because it can weaken the connective tissues
- If you are premature or you are born with a very low weight
Types of hernia that you can be diagnosed with:
Several types of hernia can occur in the human body:
- Inguinal hernia
This is the most commonly diagnosed hernia, and it occurs when the intestines push through a weak spot in the abdomen wall. These types of hernia are more common in men.
- Hiatal hernia
This happens when your stomach protrudes through the diaphragm into the chest cavity. This occurs to people over 50 years of age, and if this is diagnosed in children, then it is a by birth.
- Umbilical hernia
These are most commonly seen in children and babies. It happens when the intestines get through the abdominal wall near the child’s belly button. It usually goes away on its own. If the hernia doesn’t go away by the time the child is five years old, then it can be corrected by surgery.
- Ventral hernia
This type of hernia occurs when tissue pushes through a weak spot in the muscle of your abdomen. It can be by birth, but more commonly, it is caused due to the lifestyle you follow.
All the above hernia can be treated through a simple procedure of laparoscopy, but sometimes due to other complications, the doctor may advise you for an open surgery, and if you suspect that you have this condition, then it is best if you consult a doctor and do the needful.
The Best Treatment in Chennai
Chennai offers some of the best treatments in India, the multispecialty hospitals are considered the best here, and if you are diagnosed with a hernia and you are looking for a good hospital, then you can Get Advanced Laparosopic Hernia Treatment in Chennai from the best doctors in India.